Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fine Dining at Home

I have two wonderful kids. Daniel is 9 years old. Cathelyn is 7.

This has been a busy summer for them. Together with the 13 year old cousin, Ruthie, they attended several sports day camps in Stevens Institute of Technology.

2 weeks of basketball, 2 weeks of soccer, 1 week of swimming and 2 weeks of tennis.

Although they come home tired, they still have enough energy to do their daily workbook assignments, watch t.v. and play Wii games.

Coming home from a full time work, I have one hour to cook dinner before thay start opening the cupboard for snacks.

As much as I want to cook easy meals for dinner, I always enjoy eating my meals a la fine dining. The ambience, the nice presentation and the eclectic food colors. To my surprise, my kids started to enjoy them, too. I started to get 2 thumbs up (and emply plates) from them.

This has inspired me to prepare different meals with international flair.

And an educational food adventure for my kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment