Monday, August 17, 2009

August 17 - The Classic Taste of Pork Barbecue

One thing I like about Filipino get-together is being able to eat pork barbecue. Not a lot of Filipino restaurants in the U.S. could serve the authentic taste of pork barbecue.



Last Saturday, we went to a swimming get-together at my friend's house. It's a perfect summer afternoon so I requested my friend to cook barbecue. The barbecue was so delicious, and authentic (reminds me of my Mama's barbecue back in the Philippines), so much so, that the kids didn't mind lining up to get a freshly grilled bbq. I mentioned to her that I have a personal website about the "gourmet" food that I served to my kids and if she does not mind, I could post her recipe, too.

Full credit goes to my friend, Susan, for her recipe, and to her husband Jay, who enjoyed grilling the barbecue for us.



Here's the bbq marinade recipe (approximate)
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon
1 whole head of garlic, minced
1 tbsp catsup
1 tsp salt
1 tsp fresh ground pepper

Susan uses the marinade for pork tenderloins, spareribs, porkchops and chicken wings. She usually marinate the meat overnight. Thick meat cuts and chicken wings are baked in the marinade before being grilled to make it tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment