Tuesday, August 18, 2009

August 18 - French Bistro Chicken

As much as French Cuisine is my favorite, I could not find a dish that is simple enough for my kids to appreciate. I chose French Bistro Chicken because it does not involve any rich cream as an ingredient (my husband is not a fan of white sauces) and I just need to bake it in the oven.


However, it took longer to cook this dish. Even if I love the artichokes and the exquisite taste of tarragon and vermouth, my kids and husband are new to these ingredients.






French Bistro Chicken

Ingredients
3 tbsp olive oil
1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
4 shallots, peeled
2/3 cup dry vermouth
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp dried tarragon
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1 package of frozen artichoke hearts
1 cup chicken broth




Cooking Time: (75 minutes)

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
3. Saute the chicken pieces (starting skin side down and turning) until lightly browned.
4. Transfer the chicken pieces to a large baking pan and arrange the pieces in single layer.
5. Add the shallots in the large skillet and saute until lightly browned.
6. Add the dry vermouth, lemon juice, and tarragon.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Add the artichoke.
9. Pour this mixture on the chicken pieces in the baking pan.
10. Add the chicken stock in the skillet and boil until the broth is reduced in half. Pour over the chicken pieces.
11. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment