Saturday, August 15, 2009

August 15 - Continental Breakfast with a Scandinavian Flair




They said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.



That is true for us only in the weekends.





We have a full (and heavy) breakfast on Saturdays and Sundays, since we wake much later and our weekends are pretty much laid back. Heavy breakfast consists of scrambled eggs

for my son and husband, fried eggs for me and
my daughter, warm bread, bacon or sausages,
some fruits, juice and coffee.


But today, I went for a continental breakfast with a Scandinavian flair.
The breakfast should have breads, pastries, cold cuts, cheese, and fruits.
Serve it with fruit juice and coffee.









I bought all my stuff from Fresh Direct (when I have a hectic schedule, I normally shop online).

Citterio Prosciutto for adults
French Bistro Ham for kids
blackberries
grapes
mini danish pastries
pecan and raisin rolls (parbaked, so you have to reheat it for 10 minutes at 400 degrees)
Swiss Gruyere cheese
a small portion of artisanal cheeses for the adults.













































No comments:

Post a Comment